3.08.2006

A great day...

Well, I have just successfully turned the big 2-6. Yup, not even kidding. It's kind of a weird age because I'm now closer to 30 than to 20. It's not a bad thing at all..just weird! It was a great day yesterday! Started out with my hot, hunk of a husband totally shocking me with an iPod nano. He sneakily bought it without me knowing and when he gave it to me, it was covered up by some sweet ceramic Starbuck mugs that we'd been looking at a little while ago. What a guy! I was floored. This nano thing is such a cool little piece of technology! I'm pumped to don my new nano with the cool armband thingy at the Y when I go to workout!
My parents are here still, so I spent some time with them yesterday and that was just so great. I really couldn't ask for anything better than having family close.
I went and treated myself to a sassy haircut. And all my girls out there... you know how great it feels to go to the salon and get a new do!
My great friend Emily, decided that she would get me a year subscription to Real Simple. Yikes!! I love that magazine and I've always wanted a subscription to some great mag and now I do. Wow. I was spoiled, thats for sure.
The day ended off with my mom and dad, sister Susanne, my husband, his bro and sis-in-law and his parents all going out to Applebees for some great eats. Yummy!
What a great day... (Thank you Lord for such wonderful blessings!)

5 comments:

Stephen and Amber said...

Happy Birthday! You desereve a great day!

The Erickson Family said...

Hey Nancy -

I just discovered your blog from your post on Kim & Anthony's.

You are a hard gal to get a hold of. ;o) I've e-mailed you several times and they have not been returned. Tsk Tsk. ;o)

Happy birthday to you. I turned 27 last Monday (I guess we're very close with our birthdays) and it IS weird to be closer to 30 than 20!

I hope that this finds you well!

~ Shannon Overland (Jon & Debbie's daughter - you should remember me from many a ski-retreat and Bible camping!) You can catch me at: sands1198@yahoo.com. I'll be looking for a note from you! Pressure pressure. :o)

sevenstroms said...

Happy Birthday Nanc!! It was so fun to have Heather and Mom and dad here heh!!! You are special and I love you ! It's so nice to have our workouts at the Y together to catch up....and I'm so thankful that you live so close!!!! Loveya, your sista, Susanne

Sharon said...

Happy Belated birthday Nancy!
I'm wondering now if I can leave a comment on your blogs seeing I have one of my own. It was so wonderful being with you right on your birthday. We had such a good time.

Marnie&Ty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I have been reading your blogs and feel like you are right next door. I have finally set up an account because I wanted to post comments. Tanya started a blog for Ava, it is www.avagreen.blogspot.com

Have a great day and I look forwarded to more of your super fun postings.

Love and Miss you!!
marnie