9.11.2005

MY HEROS


My mom and dad. Jim and Sharon. Jimmy and Shari-babe! Many names but what it comes down to is the most loving, patient, caring, generous, forgiving and gracious parents anyone could ever ask for. What a blessing it is to be raised by these two beautiful people and to be able to call them my parents.

"Children, do what your parents tell you. This is only right. 'Honor your father and mother' is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely, 'so you will live well and have a long life.' " ~Ephesians 6:1-3 ~the Message

I know at times I haven't always kept that commandment of honoring thy father and mother... but I know that God has surrounded me with loving Christian friends and two fantastic sisters who have influenced me to desire what God wants for my life. God commands me to honor my parents and do what they say and my prayer is that I have been honorable to them. As I think about having my own children, I hope and pray that Wayne and I can be even half the parents that Jim and Sharon have been to me! Thank you mom and dad for praying for me! For loving me and protecting me and for sacrificing so much for your daughters. I love you so much.

0 comments: